Friday 4 January 2013

About me

Hello, my name is Rhea (aka Mrs Brown) and this is my blog to share my interest in all things Victorian – and more specifically mid Victorian costume. Having studied a BA in History, Theology and Religious Studies, worked in a semi professional art gallery, and then as a library assistant I took redundancy to become a full time mum to my little girl Rose. I have been dressing up now for over 20 years, starting back in 1991 when I took part at the tender age of 10 in a local dickens festival. Since then I have slowly built up a small collection of original items whilst increasing my knowledge of ladies costume. The internet has been a great help with this in recent years with access to googlebooks to view original patterns and fashion illustrations, museums such as the met displaying their costume online and communities such as Elizabeth Stewart Clark's Sewing academy. With this blog I hope to do my bit to return some of the knowledge I have gained by sharing photographs, patterns, and any interesting information I find along the way as well as my progress with my own costume. I balance this hobby with my love of video games and photography and doing the odd bit of research.

 Myself, Rose and my long suffering husband Jason
 

No comments:

Post a Comment