Saturday 17 August 2013

Two CDV's of family groups c.1870-1885

Here are a couple of CDV's from my own collection.  The first is from the studio of W. P. Booth, Bridge Place Worksop.  The studio was in practice between 1881 - 1885 which makes it easy to date this photograph.  I love the old fashion style of the gentleman's clothes (he wouldn't look out of place in the 1860s) and his large knobbly stick.  I wonder if these are proud grandparents or older parents, or one of each?  Archer Hood my ancestor who I mentioned in a previous post had her last child in 1822 at the age of 50, and it was not usual to still be having children in your 40s.  So we can only guess.

Family c.1881-1885

Close-up. Looks like they tried to cheer up the child on the right hand side with an apple (and failed).  The child on the left has noticeably moved its head during the shot.

Close-up of shoes

The second photo was taken by A. Knighton Photographic Artist, Raunds, Northamptonshire.  It shows the proud parents of four children c.1870s.  I love the stance of the farther!  The little girl at the front is holding a doll, and it looks like the child next to her is holding a stick? I like how the elder boy has moved during the shot despite having hold of his fathers hand.

Proud parents c.1870s






No comments:

Post a Comment